2007年10月9日 星期二

New Seven Worlders of the World

New Seven Wonders of the World is a contemporary attempt to create an alternative to the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World list. The worldwide popularity poll was organized by the private, non-profit New Open World Corporation (NOWC), with winners announced on July 7, 2007 in Lisbon, Portugal.[1]
The Swiss-based NOWC claims more than 100 million votes were cast through the Internet or by telephone. Since nothing prevented fans, government or tourism agencies from casting multiple votes, the poll is considered "decidedly unscientific".[2]
NOWC relied on private donations, the sale of merchandise such as shirts and cups, and revenue from selling broadcasting rights.
The program drew a wide range of official reaction. Some countries touted their finalist and tried to get more votes cast for it, while others downplayed or criticized the contest.[2][1] UNESCO has distanced itself from the undertaking.[3]
Winner
From:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Seven_Wonders_of_the_World
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The report is a few before the months.But until I was just real to understand the content of this report today.

This is the first thing I learning from the journal (blog) postings is that read report not examine hurriedly.Why I choose the repot as my journal is that I never travel any world besides Taiwan.Oh! That is mean I'm never taking plane to somewhere ,either. At all event, I'd better know some famous spots of the world.

New Seven Worlders of the world is a little part of the famous scenic spots. I also looking else spots that not be voted into the New Seven worlders because those spots of my mind should in the list but they are not. Amazing of the result is that The Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt was not voted in The New Seven.The only one was observed ancestry's inheritance in the old seven greatest miracles in the world of my knowledge .So,how great spot it is! But it was ranked the eighth. Some spot also are the greatest inheritances in my mind wasn't included the New Seven like Easter Island Moais in Easter island, Angkor Wat in Angkor,Stonehenge in Amesbury...etc.

The first time when I saw about the argument of the report on the TV is that the New Seven was considered unscientific because it was open online to poll by people all over the world. And it is easy causing some nationlist attempting breaking down the equity of the poll.

Althought it aroused many arguments,the most improtant thing I learning from the report is that we should respect the opinions from other people.Especially in the period of the global village.We will alway meet someone who come from different country.And the culture differ from country to country.If we can't revere different opinions arround ourselves in the small group now.How dealing some things with someone who come from different country after we graduate from college.Respect different viewpoints and opinoins is that I learning from it.

->Stonehenge in Amesbury
->Easter Island Moais in Easter island
->Angkor Wat in Angkor

1 則留言:

Grandfather Hu 提到...

Hi Clara,

Don't feel bad about not traveling too much. Someday you may get work that requires you to travel often and for long periods of time, and then you will wish you could stay home.

Personally, I don't like to travel. I'm a "stay at home" person, a "homebody." But about three years ago I spent three days in Paris, and I loved it. I would like to go back to Paris for another visit. Actually, someday I'd like to rent an apartment in Rome and live there for a few months, traveling to other countries from my apartment.

May I gently remind you to try to give a list of words that you learned from this article, and a list of words that you feel are "useful"?

I'm delighted that you wrote such a wonderfully long response. Bravo!

Best,
Tim 胡迪